Login
User Name:

Password:



Register
Forgot your password?
Vote for Us!
tintin++ ogg sound player script for linux
Author: Robert Smith
Submitted by: Vladaar
6Dragons ogg Soundpack
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
6Dragons 4.4
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
LoP 1.46
Author: Remcon
Submitted by: Remcon
LOP 1.45
Author: Remcon
Submitted by: Remcon
Users Online
CommonCrawl, Yandex, joeyfogas

Members: 1
Guests: 6
Stats
Files
Topics
Posts
Members
Newest Member
481
3,735
19,370
618
Micheal64X
Today's Birthdays
There are no member birthdays today.
Related Links
» SmaugMuds.org » General » Smaug Snippets » connect bug?
Forum Rules | Mark all | Recent Posts

connect bug?
< Newer Topic :: Older Topic > odd

Pages:<< prev 1 next >>
Post is unread #1 Nov 24, 2004, 8:40 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

frobozz

GroupMembers
Posts8
JoinedNov 16, 2004

Hi!

I took the snippet from the website, it looks really great. I compiled it cleanly and impletemented into the mud without any bugs.

However, when I went to oset an item with the flag "piece" or "item_piece" or any combination there of I was given this error message:

Log: Frobozz: oinvoke 25001
Log: [*****] BUG: Read_object: vnum 25001 bad type.
Log: [*****] BUG: ------------------------> 65
You invoke a newly created blade (#25001 - blade - lvl 65)

Essentially destroying the item, because of the bad item type. I then went on to add "piece" to the o_type section of build.c to still no avail.

Any suggestion?
       
Post is unread #2 Nov 25, 2004, 12:09 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Greven
Magician
GroupMembers
Posts204
JoinedMar 5, 2005

Yeah, in db.c there is a big check of all the different item types. If you don't add it there, you'll get that error, I beleive. Had me stumped for a while when I first started coding as well.
       
Post is unread #3 Nov 25, 2004, 9:37 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

frobozz

GroupMembers
Posts8
JoinedNov 16, 2004

Oh, I figured out what it was.

In build.c there is the type "_empty1" and "empty2".. I had been placing piece at the end of the list, but when I put it in for "empty1" it worked... not sure why.
       
Post is unread #4 Jan 7, 2005, 6:50 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Thlundar

GroupMembers
Posts13
JoinedJan 7, 2005

Without even looking at the code, I'd suggest that fixed worked because there was a maximum set, and your new "piece" was outside the maximum (so it never even looked at it). If you had of increased the maximum it would have worked. I might be wrong, but this is still a common problem that you can run into when not examining the code you write thoroughly enough in smaug.

Hope that helps someone sometime.
       
Pages:<< prev 1 next >>