I'd been using smaugwiz for a little while and when I noticed afkmud 1.63 can do cygwin .. great! after reading the docs on afkmud, i figure this is the way to go .. but i have a little problem.
- i d/l latest cygwin, installed with the right libraries, shells, etc, including crypt and zlib
- i d/l AFKMud 1.63, edited Makefile as shown (WINDOZE stuff), compiled it and everything is great - no errors whatsoever
- i start the mud up, and all looks fine, but when i try to connect to the right port using zmud at my localhost addy, nothing happens.
- when i look at whats running on puter, i can see afkmud and looking at the logs everything looks fine - it goes all the way to "Initializing area reset events..." which I assume is the last thing it does ?
- i tried a basic connect to the afkmud port with telnet and it's saying it can't open connection to host on port xxxx, connection failed --- it's as if there is nothing listening behind the port
-at first i had a linksys router and zonealarm, so to test, i removed zonealarm and set pc as a DMZ host - making it as it there was not firewall - again no connect
im running a 1.4ghz, 512mb WinXP pro with latest patches...
any help would be appreciated..