what are some features you expect in a mud? what makes or breaks it for you?
I'm surely not the first to call out a few of these, but here's a few annoyances off the top of my head:
1. Not being able to pick up and/or use/wear items because of my level. Ruins it for me.
2. Not being able to throw items, especially weapons.
3. Not having things fall when dropped (say, in a room with no floor that requires flying).
4. Not being able to fire/throw things through a portal just like any other open direction.
5. Not having "shove" or "drag" actually work properly or even remotely close to what you'd expect.
6. Not having weather actually do anything useful besides send messages to players.
7. Not having mobiles be smart enough to follow/hunt prey through portals.
8. Not having sector types that work properly (e.g. fish wandering from water sectors to land sectors)
9. Not being able to tell when someone is immune to a damage type, because you just get a silly "you missed" message.
10. Too many classes/races without any real thought behind them or meaningful differences between them.
I could go on, but that's probably enough ranting for one night.