I've uploaded a snippet for an implementation of Lua to replace mprogs and also have Lua based commands.
It should be considered an incomplete implementation:
- Nick Gammon's objectmap requires C++, so this isn't compatible with default Smaug & Co installs.
- char_data, obj_data, room_index_data must inherit from Nick Gammon's tObject class
- char_data, obj_data, room_index_data must use C++ new operator to invoke tObject constructor.
- I generally leave the implementation of the system up to you. There are mprog triggers to replace the default ones.
- The lua_command() function has to be implemented into the interpret() function if you want to use Lua based commands.
- "g_luaUpdater->update();" needs to be put in the update handler (probably next to mpsleep_update() or whatever it's called.
- There is generally a whole lot of sawdust left over inside the files from my experiments.
I am too busy to provide any technical support. Use google.