There's a minor problem with areaconvert, that causes the mud to crash and core if it encounters empty description strings for crits inside the area file being converted.
So with some prodding by Samson over I3 (I love that system!), and thanks to his great habit of actually commenting his code enough that even I can sort of understand it, here's a fix for the problem:
I moved the instructions to here to clean up the forums a little bit
Many thanks go to Samson for spending the time on I3 with me answering questions as I tried to figure out what all this stuff does. It might sound corny, but his level of support for afk is probably the biggest reason for using it over the other codebases out there.