Bug: Armor type conversion code should not have been included
Danger: Medium - Could cause problems with areas from older codebase versions.
Discovered in: AFKMud 2.0
Found by: Samson
Fixed by: Samson
Locate and remove:
* Wow. This hackish looking thing is pretty bad isn't it?
* * I thought so too, but hey. Dwip wanted to bring in a bunch of old stuff that needed to be armorgen'd.
* * This was about the only way I could think to do it.
* * Won't bother you much if you haven't set v3 or v4 on an armor though.
* * All in the name of being able to retain stats if deviating from the armorgen specs.
* * Samson 12-23-02
if( area->version < 18 )
if( obj->item_type == ITEM_ARMOR && obj->value > 0 && obj->value > 0 )
bool pflag = false;
if( extra_flags.test( ITEM_PROTOTYPE ) )
pflag = true;
obj->extra_flags.set( ITEM_PROTOTYPE );
if( !pflag )
obj->extra_flags.reset( ITEM_PROTOTYPE );
extra_flags.reset( ITEM_PROTOTYPE );
This block of code was used by Alsherok to bring up old area files into the new automatic armor generation code and convert their old settings. It was not supposed to have been included in the stock code distribution. It should not have any lasting affects, but you may need to check any of your "armor" type objects to make sure they haven't received strange settings from this.