Login
User Name:

Password:



Register
Forgot your password?
Vote for Us!
Bug in disarm( )
Nov 12, 2017, 6:54 pm
By GatewaySysop
Bug in will_fall( )
Oct 23, 2017, 1:35 am
By GatewaySysop
Bug in do_zap( ), do_brandish( )
Oct 18, 2017, 1:52 pm
By GatewaySysop
Bug in get_exp_worth( )
Oct 10, 2017, 1:26 am
By GatewaySysop
Bug in do_drag( )
Oct 8, 2017, 12:40 am
By GatewaySysop
LOP Heroes Edition
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Heroes sound extras
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
6Dragons 4.3
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Memwatch
Author: Johan Lindh
Submitted by: Vladaar
Beastmaster 6D sound files
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Users Online
CommonCrawl, Yahoo!

Members: 0
Guests: 11
Stats
Files
Topics
Posts
Members
Newest Member
476
3,704
19,231
608
LAntorcha
Today's Birthdays
There are no member birthdays today.
Related Links
» SmaugMuds.org » Codebases » SmaugFUSS » Area files saved backward
Forum Rules | Mark all | Recent Posts

Area files saved backward
< Newer Topic :: Older Topic >

Pages:<< prev 1 next >>
Post is unread #1 Mar 31, 2013, 10:32 am   Last edited Mar 31, 2013, 12:14 pm by Zeno
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Zeno
Sorcerer
GroupMembers
Posts723
JoinedMar 5, 2005

Does anyone remember a bugfix where Smaug areas were saved backwards (like progs were looped backwards) which resulted in the file format a bit changed every save? Trying to get my MUD setup with git, but it's seeing a diff every save in area files because of this. Namely it looks like progs are saved differently each foldarea.

[EDIT] Found one, but not areas: http://www.smaugmuds.org/index.php?a=topic&t=4293
       
Post is unread #2 Apr 26, 2013, 12:48 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Remcon
Geomancer
GroupAdministrators
Posts1,857
JoinedJul 26, 2005

well i decided to fix this and you have a few options, one is to use a double linked list like most things to get it to work right (this is the way i did). while i haven't tested it since I did the double linked list way you could try changing these in the loading of programs
         case '#':
            if( !str_cmp( word, "#MUDPROG" ) )
            {
               MPROG_DATA *mprg;
               CREATE( mprg, MPROG_DATA, 1 );
               fread_fuss_mobprog( fp, mprg, pMobIndex );
           if( pMobIndex->mudprogs )
           {
              MPROG_DATA *tmprog;

              for( tmprog = pMobIndex->mudprogs; tmprog->next; tmprog = tmprog->next );

              tmprog->next = mprg;
           }
           else
           {
              pMobIndex->mudprogs = mprg;
           }
           mprg->next = NULL;

//               mprg->next = pMobIndex->mudprogs;
//               pMobIndex->mudprogs = mprg;
               break;
            }

Granted it looks different for each a little if it is mob/object/room its loading, but very similar in all them. Ok I did test this out in smaufuss which is likly going to look different but it did stop it from changing the order around.
       
Pages:<< prev 1 next >>