Sorry, Kayle, I'm pretty much in the same boat over here. If I put it in, I've still got to try to test it somehow by my lonesome too. My mud's not exactly been crowded to capacity since my move to the country that mandated switching to this damn laggy satellite feed.
Yeah, neither of mine are open, and with work, I lack the time I used to have to thoroughly test things before posting them. I do have some active staff members though, I probably could have gotten them to test it. But Meh, that's hindsight for you.
It felt wrong to me as well to toss all those checks into move_char when the actual problem lies with auto-exits themselves not the actual movement of the character. I hadn't stopped to think about the fall through from the check being where I had it though, so that was another good catch on your part. I guess that's good enough confirmation for me that using a check_pos() call on the auto-exits is enough to fix this issue. So I'll see about getting an actual fix posted soon.