Login
User Name:

Password:



Register
Forgot your password?
Vote for Us!
Bug in disarm( )
Nov 12, 2017, 6:54 pm
By GatewaySysop
Bug in will_fall( )
Oct 23, 2017, 1:35 am
By GatewaySysop
Bug in do_zap( ), do_brandish( )
Oct 18, 2017, 1:52 pm
By GatewaySysop
Bug in get_exp_worth( )
Oct 10, 2017, 1:26 am
By GatewaySysop
Bug in do_drag( )
Oct 8, 2017, 12:40 am
By GatewaySysop
LOP Heroes Edition
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Heroes sound extras
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
6Dragons 4.3
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Memwatch
Author: Johan Lindh
Submitted by: Vladaar
Beastmaster 6D sound files
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Users Online
CommonCrawl, Yandex, Google

Members: 0
Guests: 5
Stats
Files
Topics
Posts
Members
Newest Member
476
3,704
19,231
608
LAntorcha
Today's Birthdays
There are no member birthdays today.
Related Links
» SmaugMuds.org » Codebases » SWFOTE FUSS » Trying to Create a New Class
Forum Rules | Mark all | Recent Posts

Trying to Create a New Class
< Newer Topic :: Older Topic >

Pages:<< prev 1 next >>
Post is unread #1 Sep 23, 2009, 11:33 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Lynx
Fledgling
GroupMembers
Posts4
JoinedSep 23, 2009

In Mud.h i have changed

MAX_ABILITY to 11 to accommodate the new class.

and

 #define MEDICAL_ABILITY     10


I have opened Const.c and added :

const char *const ability_name[MAX_ABILITY] = {
   "Combat", "Piloting", "Engineering", "Bounty Hunting", "Smuggling", "Politician", "Force", "Slicer", "Assassin",
   "Technician", "Medical"
};


I Make Clean(ed) on the server, I then Make
I startup the server.. go in and i see in score, all the classes that were there before but also a:

(null) level: 1 of 200 exp: 0

Am i missing something?
       
Post is unread #2 Sep 23, 2009, 11:52 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Remcon
Geomancer
GroupAdministrators
Posts1,857
JoinedJul 26, 2005

Probably need to make an actual class file also.
       
Post is unread #3 Sep 23, 2009, 12:04 pm   Last edited Sep 23, 2009, 12:10 pm by Lynx
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Lynx
Fledgling
GroupMembers
Posts4
JoinedSep 23, 2009

A class file? Where would that go? I cant find a class file for any of the other classes, so I dont have an idea of where to look.
       
Post is unread #4 Sep 23, 2009, 12:19 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Kayle
Off the Edge of the Map
GroupAdministrators
Posts1,195
JoinedMar 21, 2006

SWR/SWFotE don't use class files.
       
Post is unread #5 Sep 23, 2009, 12:59 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

dbna2
Sorcerer
GroupMembers
Posts600
JoinedDec 2, 2008

So classes are completely through the actual code and not through a class file? Interesting... I was actually thinking of doing this myself.. for a job system.
       
Post is unread #6 Sep 24, 2009, 10:13 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Lynx
Fledgling
GroupMembers
Posts4
JoinedSep 23, 2009

its strange.. its as if it creating the class, but not pulling the name.
       
Post is unread #7 Sep 24, 2009, 2:15 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Halcyon
Magician
GroupMembers
Posts187
JoinedApr 12, 2005

Downloaded a fresh stock copy and took the same steps and I couldn't reproduce. Unless you paraphrased the output from the MUD however, it doesn't seem that your score command is stock, so I'd check do_score in the relevant spots if you've got some custom code there to make sure someone didn't modify it to work out of something other than the "ability_name" list.
       
Post is unread #8 Sep 24, 2009, 2:44 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Keberus
Conjurer
GroupFUSS Project Team
Posts341
JoinedJun 4, 2005

Posting your do_score function might help. What you are saying you did should have yielded the proper results, so seeing the score function might help us find the problem.
       
Post is unread #9 Sep 25, 2009, 4:25 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Lynx
Fledgling
GroupMembers
Posts4
JoinedSep 23, 2009

It was stock 1.4 score, i hadnt changed anything. So after 12 hours trying to figure out what i had done wrong... i scrapped what i was doing, redownloaded stock, Made the changes i said before but changed nothing else code wise (except a few int conversions that was keeping it from compiling) and it worked :)
       
Pages:<< prev 1 next >>