Login
User Name:

Password:



Register
Forgot your password?
Vote for Us!
Bug in disarm( )
Nov 12, 2017, 6:54 pm
By GatewaySysop
Bug in will_fall( )
Oct 23, 2017, 1:35 am
By GatewaySysop
Bug in do_zap( ), do_brandish( )
Oct 18, 2017, 1:52 pm
By GatewaySysop
Bug in get_exp_worth( )
Oct 10, 2017, 1:26 am
By GatewaySysop
Bug in do_drag( )
Oct 8, 2017, 12:40 am
By GatewaySysop
LOP Heroes Edition
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Heroes sound extras
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
6Dragons 4.3
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Memwatch
Author: Johan Lindh
Submitted by: Vladaar
Beastmaster 6D sound files
Author: Vladaar
Submitted by: Vladaar
Users Online
CommonCrawl, Yandex, Yahoo!

Members: 0
Guests: 9
Stats
Files
Topics
Posts
Members
Newest Member
476
3,704
19,231
608
LAntorcha
Today's Birthdays
There are no member birthdays today.
Related Links
» SmaugMuds.org » Codebases » AFKMud Support & Development » Areaconverter problems
Forum Rules | Mark all | Recent Posts

Areaconverter problems
< Newer Topic :: Older Topic >

Pages:<< prev 1 next >>
Post is unread #1 Jun 2, 2002, 8:34 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

elbryan

GroupMembers
Posts34
JoinedMay 13, 2002

I have an old merc area file (3of them acctually) that I was trying to use areaconvert on. I loaded the areafile into orb to convert it to smaug1.4 version and saved the file. I then copied it into the area directory on my linux machine. When I ran areaconvert on it, I got errors dealing with antithief, antivampire and spec_poison. I grep'ed the code and realized spec_poison is now spec_snake, vampire code is gone (read that in another post) and it looks like the thief stuff has been stripped out as well except for the spec_thief. I loaded the area back into orb and edited out the flags for antithief and antivampire, and dropped the spec_poison off the mob. Saved it copied it back over to linux machine. ran reaconvert again. Now I ger a BUG report of load_stobjects: #not found at line 1161. I opened the area up and looked at the line. It was pointing to the long description line of an object. the vnum for the object had the #. So I tried a stock smaug area (midennir.are) When I tried to areaconvert it, it went nuts with bad act_flag errors then shutdown the mud. Any insight into how to fix this would be a great help. The one area file alone is over 5400 lines. I'd hate to hafta OLC the whole area file to make it work.
       
Post is unread #2 Jun 3, 2002, 2:05 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Samson
Black Hand
GroupAdministrators
Posts3,639
JoinedJan 1, 2002

Oops. This is what happens when something gets forgotten. It's a code error, has nothing to do with the resulting conversion being bad or anything.

In areaconvert.c,

Above this section:

if ( !oldobj )
{
iHash = vnum % MAX_KEY_HASH;
pObjIndex->next = obj_index_hash[iHash];
obj_index_hash[iHash] = pObjIndex;
top_obj_index++;
}

ADD:

/* Set stuff the object won't have in stock */
pObjIndex->socket[0] = STRALLOC( "None" );
pObjIndex->socket[1] = STRALLOC( "None" );
pObjIndex->socket[2] = STRALLOC( "None" );
       
Post is unread #3 Jun 3, 2002, 7:37 am   Last edited Nov 24, 2007, 8:53 pm by Samson
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

kilroy
Magician
GroupMembers
Posts122
JoinedMay 1, 2002

areaconvert.c: In function `load_strooms':
areaconvert.c:1293: `pObjIndex' undeclared (first use in this function)
areaconvert.c:1293: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
areaconvert.c:1293: for each function it appears in.)


Please note that as per the instructions in added the code after
top_obj_index++;
}


compiled it once then it bombed on me - so i added it before the }
and that bombed on me again .


this adding it in to the areaconvert.c

any suggestions?

Kilroy
       
Post is unread #4 Jun 3, 2002, 11:50 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

elbryan

GroupMembers
Posts34
JoinedMay 13, 2002

Thanks Samson!!!!
I added that bit of code above the ifstatement and it compiled perfectly. Attempted to convert midennir (smaug original area) it worked perfectly. Haven't checked for anything that needs fixed yet. Was just glad it didn't shut the mud down for a change. I then tried one of my merc area files. It still complaained about the objects so I said the heck with it and cut them out. Tried to convert it again and walla. Only got errors about the resets for the objects I didn't remove. I'd rather olc 76 objects instead of the whole areafile.

Thanks again for the great support you give on your codebase.
       
Post is unread #5 Jun 3, 2002, 1:13 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

kilroy
Magician
GroupMembers
Posts122
JoinedMay 1, 2002

Okay I am a dumbass
it is official - i dont know how i managed to get this far in life without reading the instructions.

I will put the code in the correct place and see if it works

Kilroy
       
Post is unread #6 Jun 3, 2002, 1:38 pm
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

kilroy
Magician
GroupMembers
Posts122
JoinedMay 1, 2002

..

it worked
       
Post is unread #7 Jun 8, 2002, 12:16 am
Go to the top of the page
Go to the bottom of the page

Samson
Black Hand
GroupAdministrators
Posts3,639
JoinedJan 1, 2002

I then tried one of my merc area files. It still complaained about the objects so I said the heck with it and cut them out. Tried to convert it again and walla. Only got errors about the resets for the objects I didn't remove. I'd rather olc 76 objects instead of the whole areafile.

Heh. I'm rather surprised it even got that far converting a raw Merc zone. The areaconvert utility was never designed to do this, so if it worked that's really cool. You should be able to use Orb to convert a standard Merc into a Smaug 1.4 zone though. This should reduce the number of errors even more.
       
Pages:<< prev 1 next >>